New Page 1

Author Topic: Panzergruppe South December Meeting  (Read 484 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
Panzergruppe South December Meeting
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
Gents the last meeting for the year to be held CSME Symonston on Sunday 11th December 0900 to 1500 hope to see you there and don't forget be like the light brigade and Charge!  8)
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
Re: Panzergruppe South December Meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »
Well the last meeting of the year has come and gone Chris, Ross, James, Ian and a quick visit from Ivo we had a good day spent mainly in the shed telling lies,  ;D Mince pies and pizza's were on the menu for the day see photos below as always many thanks to our members for all you have done through out the year bigger and better next year.  8) W
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »
Well, well, Wobbly: I downloaded #3 and #11 so I could expand them to see the itty-bitty tanks and the 'roo on the Abrams.  I believe that the bridge model in the picture is something of a replica of the Ludendorff Bridge near Remagen.  In 1971 I visited that bridge--or rather, what was left of it.  At the time, it was an abandoned relic, no spans, but with the pylons still standing. Inside one pylon was an old, rusting pontoon in faded Olive Drab paint.

From across the river, I could see a town (not Remagen).  The town's buildings were slanted, their windows like the eyes on people who stood quizzically watching the bridge, as if wondering why all the fuss in 1945 when the buildings themselves had survived centuries.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
Cool story Herr Doc wow would have loved to have done that, the itty bitty tanks are Ian's he is a war gamer and the detail on them is really quite something!