New Page 1

Author Topic: September Events  (Read 161 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
September Events
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »
OK September the weathers warming up and Canberra's coming out of hibernation so I will be Attending the Our Town show with my Northern members of PGS see Newcastle Armoured Cav posting for details, and our next meeting will on the Saturday 23rd September at Chateau Wobbly from 1000Hrs to 1500Hrs hope all can make it.  8)

For further Details

Ph. Wobbly 0400 271 965
or Ross 0413 601 799

Keep On Tanking!

Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
Re: September Events
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
OK finally have a chance to post some pictures from Our Town Scale Modellers show held at the Jockey Club Newcastle Race Course. We had a great turn out with five 1/6 scale tanks two Tigers a King Tiger a Sherman and a Centurion thanks Mark and Wolfgang as well Armour Tec 25 Pounder and Pak 40 these things are truly beautiful and seems a shame to paint them and hide that wonderful engineering. We had the largest display of 1/16 scale tanks I have seen and of course some of my Die Cast and 1/6 Scale figures. There was great diversity of models on display including of course Rail Way and Boats, Aircraft, Die cast vehicles, cars, trucks, equipment and a Lego town that took best display and in my mind it was bought many a smile to the people there. So a big thanks to Chris Mark Wolfgang Lear Shen and of course Biff he is the Vice President of the Our Town Scale Modellers Association and has been involved in the planning and running the show for the past seven years promoting all forms of modelling and as far as I'm concerned it is one of the best and largest I have attended so good job mate many thanks I hope to do some more in years to come. W  8)
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline onesixthworld

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
Looks like a good show, great vehicles (1/6 vehicles on my wish list ), thanks for sharing pictures, wets the appetite to get there in the future. thanks Wobbly.

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »
This one caught my eye, Wobbly, because I am now working on the Merit 1/16 88.  This 88 seems to be all metal, but with a barrel shorter than those with which I am familiar.  Can you tell me anything about this model?

88068-0
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
Mmmm sorry no try a PM to Biff he knows the chap who owns it though  8)

Offline biff131

• Town/City: Abermain NSW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
Ed
This is my 88 and it made in Spain by a company called Denix. Google Denix for more pictures
The barrel does look shorter and that is because they cast the gun in the full recoil position which is a shame because it is a good model.
I have seen these set up with an infra-red battle circuit.
Biff  8)

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 02:17:32 AM »
Thank you for the information, Biff.  There are a number of interesting differences between the Denix model and Merit's plastic versions.  When time permits, I will post some photos of the Merit kit underway so folks can make comparisons.  Now, of course, I will be wanting the Denix model, too, but the budget will have final say on that matter.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor