New Page 1

Author Topic: Clark electronics - who is using it  (Read 6355 times)

reyemmanuel

Re: Clark electronics - who is using it
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
Hi Diverfrost,

Thanks. Indeed, the combinations one needs to familiarise. I found switching the stick layout to mode 3, non-reversed such that I could control the forward and reverse on my right stick.

This KT is yet a long way to go (i.e., needs flasher, relay-outing of the tank innards and overall tank aesthetics-detailing, zimmerit, paintjob, camo,weathering).

No recoil as yet as this was a BB version. I'd have to fit in a servo for the real recoil job.

As to my preliminary assessment- the sounds are all good except for the acceleration and deceleration.  The wavelet-style sound rendering from Benedini I think is way better.

The RX18 swap was all easy-this was the BB version.

Rey

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
Hi Rey great to see you back and with a new tank  ;D ;D

adamc

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »
I've got my TK20E from Mark at Oz Armour - just need time to install it into my Tiger 1 or maybe my Panther.  I note that on the Clark website they recommend some rewiring to enable better control on the gune elevation.  Has anyone tried this yet? Does the BB still work with the Clark board?

Cheers
adamc

adamc

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
I think I might have asked before, but has anyone undertaken any of the mods outlined on the Clark website (for barrel elevation, recoil, LED and IR emitting diods etc).  Has anyone tried using the Sony TV remote to change settings?  If so, where does one get the 'jumpers' referenced in the instructions?

This is supposed to be plug'n'play so I am a bit surprised at the amount of soldering and rewiring required.  Any help would be appreciated. ???

Offline slowstartgjh

• GO MAROONS and MBRCTC
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »
The jumpers appear to be the same as you use on computer motherboards.
Graham
Tam Leopard 2A6
Elefant
2 X Tam M4 Sherman
3 X Tamiya King Tiger
Mattarro Jagdtiger
Tandy M4 Sherman
3 X HL Tiger 1
2 X Tamiya Tiger 1
2 X HL 1/30 M4
Taigen Tiger 1
Taigen Panzer IV
Asiatam top/bottom Tiger 1
2 X Torro T35/85
Hobby Engine M1A2 AU
Hobby EngineLEOPARD
HL KV-1
HL ZTZ
VS Leo

reyemmanuel

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 12:25:59 AM »
Hey Leo, thanks, started to get back on "track(s)". Not fully but getting there!-and with my relocation to the tank state-surely next year will be xciting.  :D

Hi Adam,

I just  did bypassed the airsoft switch (anyway it was glued shut) and off the tank went into action. Just did want to see if the sounds were great. In fact they are, save for the engine sounds.

I haven't yet installed a servo for recoil, and IR led and receiver for battling. I reckoned this is yet a long way to go as I was really after getting my leo 1 up to specs, then the KT.

The clark board has nice potential, especially the extended flexibility it offers to IR battling (i.e.,ammo etc)-if and only if the IR010 LED can shoot up to ~ 90 ft. I reckoned the Benedini-Clark marriage is a way forward, as the latter does not do well with engine sounds.

reyemmanuel

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
Real Recoil and HL Flash installed  ;D

Watch all in HD ;)

King Tiger with Clark TK20E: Recoil and Flash

Done by modifying the airsoft unit and putting in a mini servo

King Tiger: Real Recoil Clark TK20E

Firing test from ground view

King Tiger: Gun Recoil Test

... and from the TC's view...killing an SUV at the 0:40 mark

King Tiger: Tank Commander's view