New Page 1

Author Topic: TK20 Series Tank Controller Instructions & Data  (Read 1563 times)

Offline zean

• Administrator
  • Able to Hull Down
TK20 Series Tank Controller Instructions & Data
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
Clark TK20 Instructions & Data

Offline B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

• B.A.D.A.S.S.Force.com
Re: TK20 Series Tank Controller Instructions & Data
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
First post on the forum, so I hope you don't mind me posting up some newer TK20 Series PDF booklets.

I decided to do 2 PDF booklets, & boy was there a freaking ton of messing with the sloppy way the TK20 Series page was constructed, just to get half way decent reading flow & printing out of these PDF files, but they aren't too bad now.

So with the newly updated PDF files, one is a Complete booklet that has the entire contents of Clark's TK20 Series website page  in it (plus some extras as of 5/12/2013, like the addition of the Turret Damage Simulation function & a quick guide programming remote graphic), & is rather large, while the 2nd booklet just has all the necessary Programming information so it's nice & compact for quick reference!

Oh, & after just finishing all this up, figures, I noticed that Clark also had another listing glitch, under Save Preset 2, the "Available Settings" shows, "Save to PRESET 1", rather than "Save to PRESET 2" ... oh well, for now that will remain a glitch ...     :o

Oh, & if anyone notices any glaring mistakes, something I've missed, or has an idea for something which would be nice to add, just let me know.

~ Craig ~

TK20/22 Series Complete PDF Instruction/Setup/Installation/Programming Booklet, 37 Pages (click image below)

TK20/22 Series "Programming" PDF Compact Guide Booklet Only, 11 Pages (click image below)

Offline zean

• Administrator
  • Able to Hull Down
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
Good stuff Craig, nice to get updated info  8)

reyemmanuel

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:03:42 AM »
thanks for sharing Craig, I've downloaded both. This will be very handly for ipad during tinkering with and during battle days.

cheers,Rey

Offline B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

• B.A.D.A.S.S.Force.com
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:58 AM »
Thanks guys, & note that I have again updated both files with a couple corrections & added information. I think is my last update for a bit  ::).

No sense in making something like this & keeping it to myself, though I did shamelessly add my icon to the PDF files where the custom remote quick guide graphic I created was placed  :o ... lol, if people don't like it, they can always use a black Sharpie to get rid of it.  ;D

Also note, I have updated my links again because I have created 2 NEW PDF files where I've made corrections on a couple remaining errors, as well as added another section myself with some helpful information about the programming "quirks" of the board, which are shown below.

Special Board Programming Notes

• When in programming mode for the boards, every time a valid programming button on the remote is pressed, the associated function will be incremented to the next available setting. So after pressing a programming button, the returned LED indicator flashes are not showing the current setting for that function, but actually flashing the correct amount of times for the new setting you have just input for the function. For this reason, it's best to either remember each function's current setting, or write them down somewhere. If you accidentally change a setting for a function, you will have to repeatedly press the same programming button to cycle through all of that function's available settings to return to the original settings it was before you pressed the button the first time.
  • When an unknown programming button on a remote is used on the board while in programming mode, the LED indicator will return the same number of flashes which represent the IR code it received. As an example, if your board does not currently have the “Turret Damage Simulation” function on it, when using either the remote's "Teletext OFF" or "[]" key, the LED indicator will flash 56 times consecutively, rather than flash an appropriate 1-2 flashes for that function's valid programming settings.

Yes, I know the wording isn't exactly correct under the first bullet, because technically when you press a programming button the number of flashes you then see does actually indicate the current setting, but that current setting is the new current setting you just got done programming by pressing the button, & not the "old" current setting you might have thought the indicator flashes were reporting, , ... LOL, am I making sense?!?!

~ Craig ~