New Page 1

Author Topic: ADFA DCO Open Day  (Read 97 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
ADFA DCO Open Day
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »
On Friday the 10th February Panzergruppe South attended the Australian Defense Force Academy open day held by the Defense  Community Organization this event is for new postings to the area and display's what is available to personnel. It is a great day with the Royal Military College band, Precision Drill display, RAAF hot air balloon, Bucking bull, Reptile display, petting zoo for the kids and various food and drink vendors. The day itself was a stifling 41 Degrees Celsius or for you Doc 108 F  so some what sweaty as we were in the gym this year lucky to be out of the sun  8). The day was attended by Ian, James, Ross and my self as always thanks to you blokes it is you that make our club. Pictures below and Ian has posted some better photos in 1/6 Scale so be sure to have a look there too!
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Able to Hull Down
Re: ADFA DCO Open Day
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
108F with high humidity would be much nastier than the rather dry 120F I experienced in the California desert in 1980.  Worse yet, I have not seen the 1/6 Jeep or Kubelwagen for over a decade.  At that time, I saw a great variety of 1/6 items in a store seemingly misnamed as "The Ship Chandler," now long out of business.  Of course, I wish I had taken out a loan and bought everything in the store window.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
Top effort guys shame it was on a Friday.
Cheers Chris

Offline Tigertank 1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »
Top effort gents  ;)