New Page 1

Author Topic: It's a transport Jim but not as we know it. (Completed)  (Read 2010 times)

Offline thegunny

It's a transport Jim but not as we know it. (Completed)
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
This is what's been keeping me from my P IV repaint. I put a few pics in the P IV topic and it created a bit of interest so I thought I'd give it its own topic. It's for a group build on Gundam Australia Forum.

The build is about giving a Gundam mobile suit transport in a similar way to the MBT's of today getting a ride to the action on the back of a transporter. I decided to use one 1/35 AAVP and one AAVR as the base with a gantry set up on their backs.

This soon changed to just the AAVR recovery version on its own as it was such a bastard of kit to assemble I was running out of time.

The AAVR has been jazzed up with reactive armour and a few BFGs.

The mobile suit has been knocked around a bit with some patched damage and a few nicks and scrapes. It's supposed to be a mercenary unit hence the knocked around appearance.

The AAVR will be painted in Israeli Airforce colours (something different) and the mobile suit will be tiger like.

I've finished the wheels and interior of the AAVR and the basic black & orange-yellow of the mobile suit. Didn't put a real lot of effort into the interior as you can only see in from the rear as the gantry covers the roof opening.

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
Re: It's a transport Jim but not as we know it.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
Wow interesting build thegunny.... 8) 8) 8) looking forward to seeing more pics  :D

Offline thegunny

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »
It's all starting to take shape now. Just have to make the mech look like he just lost an ar5e kicking contest and paint the taxi.

What you lookin' at?

Taxi!

Reaper332

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Hey mate  looks great .............. 8)

Offline thegunny

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
This part might be a bit more appealing for the treadheads out there  :)

Camo for the taxi. As I'm running out of time I couldn't mask up the colours so I decided to do it freehand. Never done it this way before and it wasn't easy but for better or worse it's done now.

Offline thegunny

Re: It's a transport Jim but not as we know it. (Finished)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
Had to rush the finish to meet the dead line of the build so it's not as good as I'd like it to be. I'll be using this as the basis for a diorama so I'll finish it off properly then. Now on to finishing the P IV repaint  :)

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
  • Town/City: Palmerston , N.T.
Re: It's a transport Jim but not as we know it. (Completed)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
Great work , he looks mean.
"Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty".

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »
Agreed a very nice job  8) 8) 8)

Reaper332

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
Great job Gunny........ 8) 8) 8) 8) Like the little Aussie flag on it too... ;) ;) ;)

Offline thegunny

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »
Thanks all.

That Hobby Boss AAVR was an absolute mongrel of a kit. Not one thing came even close to fitting. All the parts were so badly formed it was a joke. I wasted so much time virtually hand fitting every little piece that I just ran out of time o finish the rest. If you look at the first pic you'll notice the track looks a bit dodgy. That's because I had to botch together two sets of rubber tracks from other kits to finish it off in time for the dead line as the kit tracks ate individual links that had to be cut from the sprue in 3 places, cleaned up then glued together as the small pins that were supposed to hold them together just snapped off. I just gave up as each track has 83 links  :o Just something else that needs to be fixed. Needless to say Hobby Boss are off my xmas card list  ;)