New Page 1

Author Topic: Saved by the cavalry. (yes there are tanks in them thar hils ;-) )  (Read 794 times)

Offline thegunny

It's got tanks, it's got troops, it's got big stompy mechs! What more can you ask for  ;D

I know I should be finishing my other "real" stuff but the high road was blocked so I took the low road.

A quick run down of Gundam lore will help explain this; The Federation control Earth and the colonies they placed in space due to overpopulation. Some of the colonies broke away and formed the Zeon Empire. They wanted to go back to Earth so instead of playing nicely they dropped a colony on Sydney (not a good thing) and then invaded. The designers of the series gave the Federation a British feel and the Zeons a German feel thus in a way making it like WWII on steroids.

This dio depicts a Zeon road block being over run by Feddies with the Zeon mech charging in to save the day.

I used 1/72 soldiers and tanks to go with the really old school Bandai 1/100 Zaku Cannon with lots of tweaks. The Feddie troops are modern British (Ceaser I think), the Feddie tank is a Dragon Challenger with dozer blade, the Zeon troops are Waffen SS LAH (Pegasus Hobby) with a Dragon VK.45.02 prototype tank. The road block sand bag walls are Value Gear. Paint for the mech & vehicles was mainly Gunze acrylics and the troops are mostly done with Vallejo.

Enough waffle and on with the show. Hope it's not too hard on the optic nerves  :)

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
Re: Saved by the cavalry. (yes there are tanks in them thar hils ;-) )
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »
That's cool Greg.... 8) 8)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
ha that's cool good to see something different, and I see a lot that Sci-Fi stuff at the model shows now something the younger generation are bringing to the table, variety its the spice of life you know, good job that man!
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline scalawag

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »
What a great little diorama.  nicely done

Paul
A member of: WMTC, SWAG, SEAG and SET in the UK
1/16: Pzr III, Tiger I (early), Tiger I (mid/late), M4A3 75mm, M4A3 105mm, ZTZ99a, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 1A5, M1A2 Abrams, M2A1 Bradley IFV, Challenger 2, JGSDF Type 10.
1/72: Challenger 1, M1A1 Abrams, T 72 M1, JGSDF Type 10.

Offline thegunny

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »
Thanks people  :)

Oh and wobbly the youngsters might well be bringing them to the table but us OAP candidates were there first  ;) ;)  :P :P