New Page 1

Author Topic: 1/35 Bandai Hovertruck  (Read 118 times)

Offline thegunny

1/35 Bandai Hovertruck
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »
Now that I've got that "real" tank out of my system it's back to what I do best  ;D

This is a vehicle from the Gundam series called 08th MS Team. It's considered one of the better series from a military point of view as it doesn't have all the teen angst wunderkind pilots the other series do, it's good old mech vs mech combat set in SE Asia. This vehicle is the support vehicle for a squad of 3 mechs. I decided to throw it back in time a bit and whilst keeping the SE Asia feel have tried to do it as a guntruck from the Vietnam war ere albeit a bit more upmarket weapons wise  ;D

As the kit is 1/35 the skies the limit as to what can be done. I enclosed the back end with scratch built sides, added reactive armour all over (each one has a warning decal on it) and added the odd weapon or two. All the weapons are Live Resin (great company for modern stuff) consisting of two Dillon miniguns, one 40mm grenade launcher in the back and a 50cal in the turret. Crew are Voyager modern US with Live Resin heads, sidearms and kit. Most of the stowage is Live Resin with a bit of other 1/35 stuff thrown in. And around 150 decals  :-\ :-\

These pics are a few months old and I recently changed the base by getting rid of the rocks/stones and adding flattened grass to make it look more like a hovercraft. The last pic is what the kit looks like if built out of the box. Hope it's not too hard on the eyes  :)

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
Re: 1/35 Bandai Hovertruck
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
Looks great Greg, nice to see the roo and flag on it  8) 8) 8)

Cheers
Damo

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
Re: 1/35 Bandai Hovertruck
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
I some how missed this but yeah cool nice job  8)
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South