New Page 1

Author Topic: Repainted rc Ultra Micros  (Read 292 times)

Offline Panzerman

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Anything RC, flies,floats,sinks or rolls!
Re: Repainted rc Ultra Micros
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
Ha Ha should correct this but I won't, Heavenly armed!

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
Ah yes the ol B-25 Mitchell many pilots described them as heavenly indeed!
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Panzerman

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Anything RC, flies,floats,sinks or rolls!
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »
Earlier this year a LHS had these for $50.00 off so purchased two, re-painted the first one
on the first high performance warbird to fly in New Zealand since the 1950s. In 1985 this
Mustang was imported into New Zealand and painted in the markings of one of the three
Territorial Squadron Mustangs that served in the RNZAF.

Have modelled her as a bit of a triple tribute, Sir Tim Walliis a driving force of the warbird
scene in New Zealand. Ray Hanna, more on him soon and the mighty Canterbury Crusaders
my Rugby team which, this year won their seventh Super Rugby competition this year!

The late Ray Hanna a true legend aviator and star pilot of many a movie, one of my favourite
movie scenes from “Empire of the Sun” Ray Hanna flies past a young kid waving. So I made
my little pilot so he can wave, has a simple wire link off the rudder to his arm.

Ray Hanna scene “Empire of the Sun.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ouJ_WyS9v8

Ray Hanna waving from Mustang Warbirds over Wanaka 1996.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFYrW_Vh8c

Here’s the second P51 this time raised the back and back dated her to a C model or
Mk III when with Commonwealth countries. The Royal Australian Airforce had both P51
Ds and Cs in Italy during WW II. Mine painted in the markings of a 3 Sqn aeroplane.

Here she is this morning painted but pre weathering, the three Sqn P51s had the
southern cross on their tails.

And thus afternoon after adding weathering using pastels.

Here she is with a stock one, mods included obviously raising the back, cockpit
detail, including seat, radio and instrument panel, paint and moving the battery
hatch from underneath to on top, much better access.

Will maiden soon, still a bit more to do, painting the exhaust and tape to protect
the underside when belly landing.