New Page 1

Author Topic: Clark TK22 problems  (Read 54 times)

Offline chuckozzie

• Town/City: Perth
Clark TK22 problems
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
Hello I bought  Clark TK22 board last year and it's been sitting in its box (along with other units etc) as I didn't have the time to put into my tanks. However that has changed recently and so I am getting back into it and decided to get the Clark installed into a Sherman tank I'm building. 
I have read all the documentation on the Clark site and have been through as many forums as I could find about install of the Clark but none of them seem to be able to point in the direction of my problem. I do have an electronics background (ex Telstra tech--the NBN is not my fault- lol)

When I put power onto the board with the connections as in the manual all I get is a bit of static in the speaker -- nothing works. I know I am getting power to my Turnigy 9x receiver board because I can see the led blink when I bind it to my transmitter. So I turn the unit off - take out the binding plug from the rx -- turn the Clark back on and there is no led lit on the rx  unit and all I hear is low level static in the speaker. I assume I don't have to program the unit prior to getting some response as I only  have the basic connections as per the manual.
My thoughts on this is that the board is dead out of box but would love to be told I'm wrong and be informed on what I need to do to get it to work. 

So any advice would be gladly received.
cheers
chuck

Offline Mark

• Administrator
  • Operation Greenline
    • OzArmour
  • Town/City: Brisbane - Northside
Re: Clark TK22 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
Hi Chuck,

Have you put the little yellow jumper into the SW port?
Here is a pic of it:
89471-0

If you don't have the little yellow jumper anymore - it can be any 2.0mm pitch jumper you may have lying, like from an old PC motherboard...etc.

Alternatively, you can plug another on/off switch into this port and leave the switch on.

Let me know if you have already tried this and we can go from there.
Cheers

Offline chuckozzie

• Town/City: Perth
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
Hi Mark thanks for your reply.
Yes I have a jumper in there-- I am getting power as I can hear static in the speaker and the rx gets power when I bind it.

thanks
chuck

Offline Mark

• Administrator
  • Operation Greenline
    • OzArmour
  • Town/City: Brisbane - Northside
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
No problem mate.
I have just sent you a PM - to try and troubleshoot further.
Cheers