New Page 1

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Track Quality
« Last post by Panzerocket on Yesterday at 03:02:54 PM »
I bought and received a perfect pair of metal tracks , and sprockets/idlers , for my Stug from Tankarmy.
Fit perfect and run perfect.
Hollow guide horns look the goods.
They are somewhat silver looking at first but nothing a coat of Tamiya TS-38 Gun Metal spray paint couldn't fix.

Just looked , they are still in stock.
Do what I did and order the P4 tracks , exzackery the same thing but longer , so more metal extras to use as added armour.

Thank you. Appreciated.
I'll have an order in next week  :)
Humour, Pics & Videos / Re: Detail shot of German tank commander.
« Last post by Herr Dr. Professor on Yesterday at 08:41:46 AM »
Thank you for the interesting information, not too late at all.  I had showed the photo to some of my retired colleagues who read Russian.  They could not read the name, so we were all a bit puzzled.
R/C Models / Re: Technical
« Last post by VonRundstedt on January 22, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
That is really cool Damo, good score...
Humour, Pics & Videos / Re: Detail shot of German tank commander.
« Last post by VonRundstedt on January 22, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »
Bit late on this Herr Proffesor but the commander in the tank you asked about with the name on the turret is Christian Tychsen from Pz.Rgt Das Reich. I had seen that name used elsewhere and managed to find the pic. Tychsen can also be seen in this photo, which was taken during the Kursk offensive. The Pic Yobbo posted seems to be of an earlier PzIII still in panzer grey so I would suggest that it was taken during 1942.
Tychsen became commander of SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 Das Reich in November 1943 and was one of the divisions most accomplished soldiers. After being wounded more than nine times during the war, he was killed in Normandy and souvenir hunters took his tunic with all his decorations and all other types of identification, so he was buried as an unknown soldier, but was later identified.
The name appears to be Kurracho or Karracho, both of which are not German.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loka7jJ2ir1qg5z8jo1_500.jpg
1/16 Scale / Re: Wecohe Jagdtiger rebuilt and modified...
« Last post by VonRundstedt on January 22, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »
Damn that's a good looking tank. Well done mate, the weathering is awesome.
General Discussion / Re: Track Quality
« Last post by Yobbo on January 22, 2018, 07:57:42 PM »
I bought and received a perfect pair of metal tracks , and sprockets/idlers , for my Stug from Tankarmy.
Fit perfect and run perfect.
Hollow guide horns look the goods.
They are somewhat silver looking at first but nothing a coat of Tamiya TS-38 Gun Metal spray paint couldn't fix.

Just looked , they are still in stock.
Do what I did and order the P4 tracks , exzackery the same thing but longer , so more metal extras to use as added armour.
General Discussion / Track Quality
« Last post by Panzerocket on January 22, 2018, 07:39:06 PM »
Hello,
Hoping some people out there can throw in some opinions on track quality. I am looking to get the tracks (were talking metal here, not plastic) for my stug build and I am noticing quite a difference in the prices out there.
I have found pricing for tracks starting at $40 but going right up to 70 or even 80 Euros (mmm. about $100 to $130 Aus + more expensive shipping).
This got me wondering....
What am I paying for at $100 ?
Are the $40 ones too cheap ? Will they cause running issues ?
I have my eye on an trusted Australian retailer doing tracks at $60 (waiting for stock in).... Why then would I go to $100 if the $60 ones are available ? The $60 seem more than good anough.
I am trying to get a better understanding of track quality in general and the pros and cons of the different tracks manufacturers and price points. Any feedback most helpful.
Thank you,
Chris
Panther / Re: Panther G "44"
« Last post by Panzerocket on January 22, 2018, 07:11:20 PM »
Congratulations on your opportunity to be sleep-deprived. ;)  I turned my computer upside down to fix the photos: here you are (both are expand

I find the camouflage scheme to be unique and wonderful.  Keep us posted as you are able.

You legend ! Thanks very much. Small problem but I just couldn't get those photos to post up right.
If only I had thought of turning my pc upside down.... so easy  ;D
1/16 Scale Figures / Re: German infantryman.
« Last post by Yobbo on January 22, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »

Couldn't help myself , got this bloke as well , as he DOES have a potato masher, and an MP40 among other things.
I'm going to cut the figures in half and make them into tank commanders , crewman.
1/16 Scale / Re: Christian Ludwig Centurion Mk III - 1/16th
« Last post by AFV Aficionado on January 22, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »
Worked on the side skirts, adding the footman loops.
Given that the skirts are 1mm sheet, thought that might be a bit too thin to locate the loops adequately.
So used some sprue plastic & made a series of 6 backing plates per skirt to place behind the loop locations, glued in place, backside of the skirts  – 90837-090839-1 – then, the loops themselves using 26/6 staples, one leg straightened & then re-bent to fit – 90841-2 – while there are locating holes in the skirts for the loops, the staple loops don’t sit well as the holes are only 1mm deep.
Decided to drill through the backing plates, to provide a deeper hole, the result – 90843-390845-4
To hold these in place & represent the welds, I applied Zap 5 min epoxy to the ends – 90847-590849-6- .
Chris’s representation of the skirts is a single piece of plastic, so doesn’t show the 3 sections that the real thing is divided into – marked the divisions with a set square & scribed the lines & forgot to take a photo…..

Mal
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10