New Page 1

Author Topic: Multi-level HO train layout--From the start-- (posted on March 12, 2009)  (Read 4182 times)

BIGMIG

Re: Multi-level HO train layout--From the start--
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 02:05:52 AM »
A few final pics----Thanks for looking     ;) ;) ;)

ManMachine

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 02:06:28 AM »
That's the biggest HO multilevel setuup I've ever seen, looks nice :) Thou I have to admit for my eye a bit confusing with all tracks and all, I guess it takes some practis to learn how the setup works out  :P

If I was you, I would try add some sand, dirt, grass or something like that under the tracks.. the white wood looks a little to flat I think. No offence Larry  8)

Gabriel

BIGMIG

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 02:07:08 AM »
Hi Gabriel,
    Thanks for the reply and looking in on my layout.You are right in its current state it is very flat and plain jane looking.You kind of have to look at it in this stage like it has just a primer surface on it and when in it's final stage it will get some color and more detail as it goes along.One thing about a set up like this it is very time consuming (which is good) and will be a long drawn out affair trying to finish it off.It is kind of confusing looking in the pictures but it is interesting when you are standing at the controls as to what all can be done as to moving trains around on it moving from one location to another.As you may know if you had a typical train as a kid that a basic circle of figure eight track soon became very boring,or it did for me. ;D The top level track will all be pulled up and cork placed under all the rail and then reinstalled.Then all the wiring done,then a lot of painting ahead of me.I'm trying to keep the surface when it's done (user friendly ) and easy to keep clean,not an easy task.They like to collect dust no matter how good a house keeper one is. ;D ;D ;D I know from experience and also how dusty and dirty some of the used items I have bought arrived when I got them.Keeping these layouts clean is not an easy task because there is a lot of delicate items that can get dammaged very easy when trying to vacum the dust off. ;D Down the road there will be lots of changes to be seen.              Thanks for the comment and for having a look,any comments and or ideas is welcome---   ;D ;D ;D                      Larry   ;) ;)

BIGMIG

This was my first multi-level layout-HO a few years ago--- (March 12, 2009)
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »
This was my first attemp at building a HO layout.It was just for fun and I had no specific plans when I started,just knew I wanted as much track as I could fit on it's table.It did not take long after I started to lay the first track that I thought of going up another level,so continued to build with that in mind.I had to stop at the fourth level because if I went any higher I would not be able to get it out the door without tearing any other levels off that would be added above the fourth.
I worked on this one off and on for two years when I bought my first two HL tanks.So it had to go and I put an add in the newspaper and it was sold in two days.After taking all the loose stuff off and putting it in boxes,the man who bought it and myself tipped it on it's side and went right out the door with it and put it on the bed of his pick up truck and he hauled it home in one piece.He hauled it about 12 miles and called me and said when he got it home not one thing had moved or came loose,he was very happy with it.     ;D ;D
                      Larry  ;)

P.S. The fourth level was still under construction in these pictures. :D :D

And the little filipina Lady in the bottom picture is my wife who has put up with me for over "47" years now- ;D ;D
                              I'm A very "lucky" guy---- ;D ;D ;D
                                     Larry  ;) ;)