New Page 1

Author Topic: the new king has arrived , now some questions!!  (Read 3296 times)

Offline sidhu

the new king has arrived , now some questions!!
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »
hi everyone , need a little bit of help , with the new purchase, our new king tiger arrived yesterday, after opening the box had a good look,with the accompanying ooh's and  aah's , charged up the battery added fresh aa's to the transmitter , ready to fire it up and have a play.
the headlight started flashing as the instructions said it would however it did not stop , and there seemed to be no control!!
this does not seem to be right.
How long is this supposed to blink for? Does this mean the receiver is not getting a signal? have I missed a step when I opened up the box,before first use?
Any advice more than welcome.

I also have an ir system to install, can I use the airsoft with it ? what about getting the gun to recoil with the airsoft?
I have a new turnigy 9x heading out to me and an elmod board ,with the tank(not fitted yet), I was looking at upgrading tracks ,wheels sprockets etc, any recommendations?

Also last question, looking to put in upgraded gearboxes and motors, which is the best way to go, 3:1, 3:1 brass, 4:1 , or even the 5:1 sets that I have seen around.

Sorry to seem like such a noob , but have really fallen in love with this hobby!!!!!

the next tanks are already in the pipeline!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is really learn how to paint them up, and weather them!!!!!!

thanks in advance

sid 

Online Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
  • Town/City: Palmerston , N.T.
Re: the new king has arrived , now some questions!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:07:12 PM »
Press your key button on the RX , the left hand one , it will make the start up noises , flash a couple more times , go solid , then it's time to open a can of whoop ass on the nearest Sherman.
"Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty".

Offline thegunny

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »
Exactly the same thing happened with mine the first time.

My problem was the battery wasn't charged enough. If you are using the wall plug charger it takes quite a long time to charge up. Better off getting a decent peak detection charger. It works faster, cuts off when done and makes your batteries last longer.

Offline thegunny

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »
One other thing that was mentioned this morning, make sure the batteries are in the TX properly. You might have to have a fiddle with the tabs to get them connecting up properly. Yes that happened to me also. Welcome to the learning curve  ;D

Offline sidhu

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:36:58 PM »
exactly right had all of those happen to me, already have a decent peak charger from my racing days,had to fiddle with the tx batteries as well, in fact on my sons stug we could not no matter what we tried were able to get his tx going.

I double checked everything , unplugged and plugged in the batteries (in the tank and the transmitter) and there you go ,fired up first time!!!!

so ended up chasing the stug around and firing airsoft pellets at it!!!!!!

so much fun!!!!!

Offline sidhu

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
some more help is needed, have got the new elmod board ,ready to install (yay!!) with the new turnigy transmitter, I was hoping to convert this too an ir version, and get rid of the airsoft unit.

I have a henschel turret model:
Can I fit a heng long recoil unit instead of the airsoft, or another aftermarket system (even servo)

Do I need to replace the gun?, if so can I use the gun from the Porsche turret model?

I have the adapters for the elmod so I can use the hl receiver, what else do I need to install, (obviously the ir flash led),what about the mounting plate for the ir receiver?

thanks everyone
Sid

Reaper332

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
Hi Sid,
Good to hear you have everything... just to let you know your elmod template on your turnigy won't suit the new fusion boards I have done 3 of the fusion boards and you need to set it up from scratch..... :(

You can fit a H/L recoil unit but you will to lengthen your barrel on the inside and also machine down a portion of the barrel to allow it to recoil further in the mantlet due to the design of the mantlet.... doing one for a customer now and it's not as easy as previous models...
The Porsche KT barrel is a mono block barrel which is different to the Henschel KT barrels which were a 2 piece barrel on the real deal. ...

Hope this helps a bit. .
Cheers Ken

Offline sidhu

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »
thanks Ken , that seems like a massive lot of work, is there a way to install the ir system  while keeping the airsoft system ,just for simplicity , maybe put the ir receiver in a different hatch?
sid

Offline sidhu

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »
When you say I have to set up a new template for the elmod boards , do you mean setting up all the settings in the transmitter?, is there something downloadable or have to go into all the settings and manually adjust?

sorry for the silly questions
sid

Reaper332

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
Hey Sid,

If you dont want to run BB's you could leave the BB unit and put a flash up the barrel or even run the I/R bulb in the muzzle break which is how I do it and if you have the patients you can sometimes squeeze the flash right up behind the I/R bulb....

As for the Turnigy... did you get a flashed one from Rctankaustralia that has the tanker 9x software....???

Cheers Ken

Offline sidhu

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »
yes I did get the flashed one.
is that a good thing,in regards  to the elmod board?

will be starting to pull the tank apart to rewire , as soon as I receive the transmitter batteries,do I leave the airsoft plugged in or , disconnect it but use the ir flash and the high intensity flash in its place?

I noticed on the front of the turret there appears  to be a spot (hole ) that looks perfect for the ir led ,could I use that .
(could be for a part that I haven't attached yet)

thanks again ken

sid

Reaper332

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »
Hey Sid,
Yeah mate thats good thing your turnigy is flashed makes it a lot easier to work with.... it will have templates on page 9 of the menu for various things but the elmod one are for the older series of it... the new fusion boards don't work off them.
when you are ready let me know and I can email you some pics of my turnigy screen to help you  set yours up If you like.

Yeah disconnect  the bb unit in fact I would cut off the bottom part housing the motor to allow access in to slide the flash up the barrel and yep where the bb indicator light goes remove that and stick your I/R there mate.....

Cheers Ken

Offline sheridan mech

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »
On the conversions I've done to use the HL recoil unit (make sure you get the micro switch with it) I've taken a recoil barrel drilled out its unthreaded end and the inside the tank part of the metal main gun metal barrel then taken a piece of tin can and rolled it round so it fits inside of the drilled out barrel sections and heavily super glued the 3 pieces together. Then spinning the newly made barrel with a drill to grind it's outside diameter so it will fit smoothly into the HL recoil unit.
You must make sure you have measured everything so you end up with the correct barrel length when your new barrel is screwed into the HL recoil unit.
I've also done this to use Tamiya metal barrels with HL recoil units. This HL M26 has a Tamiya metal barrel.

Offline sidhu

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »
Thanks so much Ken will definitely contact you when I am ready to go , (waiting on the batteries from hobby king in the states ,none available here, should be here soon).

Wow Sheridan Mech that looks like a massive amount of trouble to go to, At the moment, just want to get it going so I can get some battling going with my sons stug.We are about to receive another three tanks for the rest of the family now, a pz iv, a kv1 and another abrams (for me), so we will have at least 3 ir ready , with the kt  that will make 4

Will start looking at the scale side of things soon enough!!!!

Reaper332

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
The Abrams mate will be an easy one to recoil as will the others you have brought.... now without throwing a spanner in the works you do know that your elmod wont battle with the standard Heng Long I/R.... :( :( (Hope I am not giving bad news there...)

Cheers Ken

Offline sidhu

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »
Not at all ken , for the moment will muck around with it with the rx 18 ,and the standard Hl  ir system, I will take my time with the kt ,will probably end up fitting some mako boards for the heng longs, the stug is already running a Clark board.

Will have to pick your brain on doing the recoil for Abrams .
To my knowledge the other two have recoiling guns (I hope), although only heng longs!!!
But then again my kids and their mate all think the track recoil is really cool, and don't quite realise that it's not quite right!!

Sid

Reaper332

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
Great stuff mate.... Just thought I would mention it incase....lol
Good to see you are increasing your regiment too.... ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Ken

Offline sheridan mech

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 01:47:05 PM »
This is a very late reply. I just got my KT and see that in the commanders copula bottom there are already the IR apple mounting cutouts. It's June already and HL still hasn't offered the production turret with recoil but it sure seems like they were or are going to at some time.