New Page 1

Author Topic: Wobbly's M41A3  (Read 808 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
Wobbly's M41A3
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:44:13 AM »
 8) Afternoon troops attached are photos of  my Walker Bulldog ( Oli ) all my tanks have names this one named after a mates father Oliver Walker an out standing gent who was still flying riding motorcycles etc well into his seventies, the tank was purchased second hand for $100 and painted by myself and a mate Ross I did the dodgy bits and the detailing tracks, equipment turret lenses etc, then swapped with Ross for a Jagdpanther then bought back yesterday as I missed it soooo much after seeing postings of all your M41's I really missed it  :-[ I bought initially because it was different and no one in our club had one though I do sort of concentrate on German Armour. So there you go I have found a good spot for photo shoots now and will get about doing the rest of the fleet? is that the right word squadron, company?? oh PS if you can see under the crow bar you can see 38th and back referring to of course the 38th parallel Korea I believe the US trialled these there? correct me if I'm wrong  8) ok enjoy
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
Re: Wobbly's M41A3
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:30:31 PM »
Very nice wobbly, glad you got it back, good looking tank  8) 8)

Cheers
Gra  :)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South

Offline AFV Aficionado

• Operation PM
  • Town/City: Hamilton & Te Awamutu
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
Hi Wobbly
Paint job looks good. The M41 has plenty of scope for improvement, if you want to go there?
Re the 38th Parallel, M41's did serve there with US forces, but only after the Korean War. Don't recall hearing that they trialled them there, but would make sense as it was a fairly major theatre.
Re groups of tanks - that's a bit of a minefield  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron_(army) -  will depend on how many you've got and what traditions they follow.

Mal
HL M41A3 X 6.5 - NZ M41A1 MERDC, AVRNZE, 3 X Barely touched, T50 ARV WIP - 6 wheel hull, Taigen M41A3
HL M26 - MERDC Dots & HL M26A1
2 X Bruder MB Actros Low Loader - 4 axle, Bruder MAN TGA
Ultimate Soldier 1/18th M113A2 X 2
Spyder Works 1/16th FV101 Scorpion
Ludwig Centurion III

Offline Chris

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »
Looks great Wobbly good job there mate.😎😎😎
Cheers Chris.

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:58 PM »
Nice wobbly, quite like the M 41's got 2 myself, one, 1 day is going to be a Duster... ::)

Cheers Damo

Reaper332

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:30 PM »
Cool Wobbly looks good mate..... ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Ken

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 08:35:03 AM »
 8) Thanks guy's will put more up soon need to finish the Jagdpanther! hopefully this weekend. thanks Mal for the link and knowledge much appreciated
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South