New Page 1

Author Topic: "Pullman Troop Sleeper Kit"  (Read 1375 times)

BIGMIG

"Pullman Troop Sleeper Kit"
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Dug out all my HO train stuff to take inventory on what I had in several boxes and pilled it on my work bench to go through everything.This will be on my HO train layout thread.

One thing I found of interest was two boxes containing ( pullman troop sleeper kit's).They are made of plastic and wood but do not include the "journals"and don't know if they came with them and was removed or if they needed to be bought as an extra.(but what good are they with no wheels ?  LOL ).

The kit number is "500" and the price on the box is $12.50,which was the same as the list price posted on the box.These kits look fairly old,but the kit and boxes are in pretty good shape.

The Mfg is "RBM"---Roller Bearing Models.

I bought a lot of stuff for HO trains a while back on Ebay and i remember getting these but set them aside in a box and forgot i had them.

I think i will put them togeather and make them into working cars to go with one of my steam engines.Got a lot of parts cars i can rob parts off from,but they will turn out most likely a bit different looking than they were intended to.

If anyone knows anything about these kits,let us know what you know about them. ;)

BIGMIG  ;)

A few pictures---

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
Re: "Pullman Troop Sleeper Kit"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Gonna be a busy man BIGMIG over the winter
good to see this stuff  ;D

Gra  :)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South

BIGMIG

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:03:44 AM »
I did put one of these kits togeather and it turned out pretty good.Not the best fiting parts in this kit,but was ok.Thought i would post a few pictures although it will get a second coat of paint and a few decals yet.I will also build the second kit as these coaches will be used on my steam train that will be used on my next level i'm going to start building on my train layout.The curves on the lower levels are a little to sharp for the engine in the picture so the level i'll build next will be made more to suit the longer engines.

These cars were coppied after coaches built in the forty's and are ideal with the steam engines.

BIGMIG  ;)

BIGMIG

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
Cleaned off the work table and on to kit number two.Dumped out the parts and.....Forward Ho.... ;)
                                            BIGMIG

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
Lookin good BIGMIG  8) 8) 8)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South