New Page 1

Author Topic: Mato Sherman M4A1  (Read 108 times)

Offline biff131

• Town/City: Abermain NSW
Mato Sherman M4A1
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
I need to replace the right hand gimbal on a Mato M4A1 transmitter.
I will buy the gimbal or the whole transmitter if any-one has one left over from a conversion.
thanks
Biff  8)

Offline biff131

Re: Mato Sherman M4A1
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »
 ;D I have fixed this problem by replacing the the standard mato tx/rx system with the latest heng long 2.4 ghz tx/rx system and it is a great improvement.
happy tankin
Biff  8)

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Able to Hull Down
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »
Biff, when you say you replaced the Mato transmitter with the 2.4 GHz HengLong transmitter and receiver, what about the Clark sound board with which the Mato is supplied?  I find the Mato transmitter cumbersome to use, so I might do such a replacement.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline biff131

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:40:45 AM »
Gday Ed
I removed all of the mato M4A1 sherman's electronics and replaced it with the latest heng long 2.4 ghz system (Heng Long 2.4 ghz control and MFU kit part no. HL2.4ghz Kit-4). I even swapped the mato motors with heng long motors.
There was no  clark sound board in this tank, just standard Mato M4A1 rx board, but  the clark sound board can be installed as this system now a standard 2.4ghz heng long.
I installed the Heng Long V4 8 pin connector board (part no. HL 3938-003) and soldered a 2 pin connection ( for head lights) onto the bottom of the 3 pin machine gun plug. tail lights were rerouted to plug directly into reciever board. I utilised the HL/ taigen cable set (part no. TAG 120611) to get power to the right place and resoldered all of the connections in turret.
The conversion is pretty much a plug and play with a little bit of soldering to ensure strong connection.
All parts were supplied by Ozarmour (thanks Mark) and the cost is $80-$90.
Hapy Tankin
Biff 8)
Picture 1 2.4ghz version 4
Picture 2 2.4ghz reciever
Picture 3 HL V4 connector
Picture 4 M4A1 rx board
Picture 5 wiring kit
Picture 6 Atx 2.4ghz operations
Picture 7 M4A1 interior