New Page 1

Author Topic: HobbyEngine verses HengLong  (Read 2299 times)

Online biff131

• Town/City: Abermain NSW
HobbyEngine verses HengLong
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »
Gday guys
  ::)  Decided to take a few photo's comparing the difference between HE's Abram and HL's Abram.
The variation between the two tanks is minimal and the ability to interchange parts will enable many variations.  ;) ;)
Basically if you attach HE upper hull to HL lower hull complete (hlvhe 9) with suspension etc. you would have a  good runner.  :D
Or you could just put the HE turret, complete, on the HL hull (hlvhe 10).
The release of Heng Long's Abrams has opened the way for you to upgrade your HE Abrams at a reasonable cost.
Enjoy the photo's
Biff  8)
Sorry guys had to remove photo's, will repost when I have photo's shrunk.  :o

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Online Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
  • Town/City: Palmerston , N.T.
Re: HobbyEngine verses HengLong
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
Please enlighten me as to why you would change the hulls and turrets around?
H/L Abrams is better then the H/E in all areas , isn't it?
"Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty".

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:20:02 PM »
Hi Yobbo,
Simple until now most people that have an Abrams would be the HE one, the upper hull and turret on the HE is still pretty good it's the lower hull that's the problem, I had 2 HE Abrams, Biff probably has 3 or 4 as well as the new HL one. Yes the HL is far better overall but if you have 1 or more HE Abrams it's easier now to upgrade the HE one with HL parts at a lot less cost of buying more HL ones, plus it's fun modding them.

Cheers
Gra  :)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South

Online Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
Ahhh, that makes sense then. So if you buy a H/L lower hull only,you can then put the HE top bits on.

Online biff131

• Town/City: Abermain NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:40:50 PM »
 ::) got the picture problem sorted. I had left my camera on the default settings but a chat with Gra put me on the right track.
heng long is on the left side of photo's.
Hope this helps you to upgrade your HE Abrams to a reasonable runner that is going to be an improvement ;D
Biff
 8)

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »
Glad you got the pics sorted Biff, they look good, the HL has plenty detail. Heaps of choices for Abrams builds.
Will certainly keep you busy now for a while  ;D ;D

Cheers
Gra  :)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South

Offline sheridan mech

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 03:29:57 AM »
I have both and the HL has much crisper and more correct basic hull and turret moldings.
I am just starting to correct the only things on the HL that are wrong for the A2 version. The biggest is that all A2's had the nonslip surface painted on that the HE has molded in. Then the 4 bolt heads on the turret top on each side that the HE version has.
I will also be adding detail to the 50 cal and 7.62 (making it able to be moved in its ring and be elevated and depressed). Put some detail on the inside of the loaders hatch, Put some window glass in the commanders copula and make it able to rotate. make the gunners periscope doors open with glass inside.
The HE I have I already converted to full HL ir battle function so I will be stealing its recoil but using the HL barrel (which has the correct shape).
Also will be blocking over on the hull inside the suspensions curved slots that Run through the hull of the HL to keep gunk from getting into the hull.

Online Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »
I have both and the HL has much crisper and more correct basic hull and turret moldings.
I am just starting to correct the only things on the HL that are wrong for the A2 version. The biggest is that all A2's had the nonslip surface painted on that the HE has molded in. Then the 4 bolt heads on the turret top on each side that the HE version has.
I will also be adding detail to the 50 cal and 7.62 (making it able to be moved in its ring and be elevated and depressed). Put some detail on the inside of the loaders hatch, Put some window glass in the commanders copula and make it able to rotate. make the gunners periscope doors open with glass inside.
The HE I have I already converted to full HL ir battle function so I will be stealing its recoil but using the HL barrel (which has the correct shape).
Also will be blocking over on the hull inside the suspensions curved slots that Run through the hull of the HL to keep gunk from getting into the hull.

Great work , any updates?

Offline Majordisastor

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »
This is a really interesting post ... 8)

Just wondering how its getting on ?

Andy
Varity is the spice of life ....but too much gives you wind.........