New Page 1

Author Topic: My Stug  (Read 1898 times)

adamc

My Stug
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
I thought I would throw up a few pics of my recently finished Stug.  I may do a bit more by way of weathering - any tips? Still having a bit of trouble with the metal road wheels - they tend to fall off and I have ben using some silicone to fix them together.

GeoffP

Re: My Stug
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
That looks really good mate,

Just needs some more weathering on the track and road wheels - she'll look the goods

Tiger1man

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
Very nice Stug adamc. :) ;D

A little bit more weathering and it will be the goods ;D

I better not show my wife these pics as she will want one ;)

Diverfrost

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
Great job, you've gotta be happy with that!

And some weathering will finish it off just right.

DF

Reaper332

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
Fantastic looking Stug, adamc. Having you put any washes over it to weather it ? or is it still factory fresh.  ;D

Cheers Ken

adamc

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Thanks to all for the comments.
I am still geting the hang of weathering. I put a couple of coats of a light filter (light olive green) over it to blend the colours a bit and I applied some dull coat.  I have also applied some pigment based weathering solution to various parts (more to add dirt) .  Last night I had a go at the chipped paint effect (using a sponge) I have seen others do.  Its not in the photos but seemed to come up ok.  Any advice on how to further weather the Stug - I would like to fade it a bit.

Cheers

Reaper332

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
Adamc I am certainly no paint expert but you could try a using a mix of about 10% Tamiya Flat earth in 50mls stand back and dust it over the tank to give it a dusty faded look, now I myself havent tried this but have seen it done maybe do a test piece first.

Hope this helps
Ken

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
Great looking Stug Adamc  8) 8)
That's on the money Reaper, any dust colour will do Tami Dark yellow is another good one XF 60 or TS 3
and if your after a driven on roads look put a touch of grey in, I do mine like this and it works a treat just remember less is best you can always add more, you can't take it off  ;D Hope this helps

Cheers Leo 2A6

Reaper332

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Thanks Leo2A6, Never thought of grey in it... going to try that myself over the weekend.
Cheers Ken

adamc

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »
Many thanks for the tips.  I will give that a try.  Will it be ok to spray it over the weathering allready on the tank?

Cheers
Adam

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »
yep just go easy, if you have the tank up on a block of say timber or a brick so the tracks are free to move, turn on the tank and move the trim that adjusts the forward/reverse on the controller so that the running gear is all moving just, (as if driving) it helps if the track are just touching on something to make all the road wheels turn but not enough traction to move the tank that way you get consistant cover of paint/dust on the running gear, big remember go light to start with and layer  ;D ;D hope this helps mate good luck in your mission

Cheers Leo 2A6