New Page 1

Author Topic: New member "RedProw" and Stug III questions  (Read 2144 times)

GeoffP

New member "RedProw" and Stug III questions
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:04:47 AM »
Hi all,
Friend of my joined the forums yesterday under the name "RedProw"
He (and his boys) are mad tank fans including W.O.T. ;)
The questions RedProw has re the H/L Stug III upgrade - well, I'm not best suited to answer.
Thought I would pop them up here for expert suggestions 8)

Here is an update for you. We are purchasing a Heng Long 1/16 scale of the Stug 111.
I have sent a couple of questions off to ozarmour but you may also be able to help.
Looking at the spec the gun recoil isnít included and the speaker seems standard. Would you upgrade the speaker the kit comes with to the Visatation FRS7-8 6.5cm HiFi unit.
The controller also doesnít appear to be included but can be purchased for $22....seems very cheap. Should I go with the one shown on their site or should I purchase something else.
What else should I purchase in addition to the kit if the boys want to battle once the model is finished (it is highly likely that due the fighting over who will be using the tank I am going to have to get another one!!)

The tanks will be running on gravel and grass in a paddock - does it need any upgrades re metal tracks, gears, etc due to this environment.
Is it better to get the H/L IR Battle Unit or the Impact Battle Unit (which both my tanks have - thinking of big battles with mine as well when we visit ;))
Not sure of the batteries, charger you get with the H/L as well.

I know you guys & gals will help RedProw out with all the above.

Reaper332

Re: New member "RedProw" and Stug III questions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »
Hey Tracks,
Ok now the stug from ozarmour will have metal tracks and gearboxes, drive sprockets and Idlers.. it will be I/R ready but will only battle with H/L tanks everything comes with ie:  Controller, battery etc.
The speaker upgrade will help but H/L tanks will always sound crap... :-[ The recoil will be the standard H/L back to front recoil but that can be modded to be correct. Then anything else is up to your friend on what else he wishes to buy on my stug I have the asiatam metal hull which is nice and adds a nice amount of weight to the stug also I have heavy duty brass gearboxes, both items I got from www.rctank.de in germany great to deal with but the postage can be a bit slow.

Hope this helps mate feel free to ask if you need anything else.

Cheers Ken

Offline Mark

• Administrator
  • Operation Greenline
    • OzArmour
  • Town/City: Brisbane - Northside
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:49 AM »

Here is an update for you. We are purchasing a Heng Long 1/16 scale of the Stug 111.
I have sent a couple of questions off to ozarmour but you may also be able to help.
Looking at the spec the gun recoil isnít included and the speaker seems standard. Would you upgrade the speaker the kit comes with to the Visatation FRS7-8 6.5cm HiFi unit.
The controller also doesnít appear to be included but can be purchased for $22....seems very cheap. Should I go with the one shown on their site or should I purchase something else.
What else should I purchase in addition to the kit if the boys want to battle once the model is finished (it is highly likely that due the fighting over who will be using the tank I am going to have to get another one!!)

The tanks will be running on gravel and grass in a paddock - does it need any upgrades re metal tracks, gears, etc due to this environment.
Is it better to get the H/L IR Battle Unit or the Impact Battle Unit (which both my tanks have - thinking of big battles with mine as well when we visit ;))
Not sure of the batteries, charger you get with the H/L as well.

I know you guys & gals will help RedProw out with all the above.
Hi mate,

Ken has answered most of it while i was typing.

I can definately help here. I have also sent off a reply to the email from yesterday.
The Heng Long Stug III is only available in an IR version which means that the recoil unit is definately included and fitted.
The tank will also include the controller in the box (you will just need 8 AA batteries). No need to purchase the controller seperately.

The speaker is standard and you can most certainly fit the Visaton unit for a better sound - keep in mind that the standard speaker is still ok for most and while not an essential upgrade you may fit on down the track.

Plastis tracks are fine and in my experience the Panzer III and Stug III are great little runners on the dirt and gravel - i only found that over a grass surface - the tracks would occasionally come off. This is sometimes the case with the metal tracks as well - if you find this to be the case then fitting a tension adjuster usually does the trick.

Also, no matter where you buy the tank from - ask the seller if it includes the IR Sensor Tower as Heng Long do not include this as standard.

I hope i have been of some help.
Please dont hesitate to let me know if i can answer any more questions.
mark@ozarmour.com
Welcome to the forum RedProw.
A really great group of guys here.
Cheers

Offline RedProw

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
Thanks Tracks for putting up the question on the forum and thanks to Ken and Mark for their responses.

Mark - I received your email - thanks for the info.

This will be our first tank so everything is new and somewhat confusing at them moment, but I am sure all will make sense eventually.

Cheers
Brett

Offline Mark

• Administrator
  • Operation Greenline
    • OzArmour
  • Town/City: Brisbane - Northside
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Thanks Tracks for putting up the question on the forum and thanks to Ken and Mark for their responses.

Mark - I received your email - thanks for the info.

This will be our first tank so everything is new and somewhat confusing at them moment, but I am sure all will make sense eventually.

Cheers
Brett
No problem mate.
Received your order and will check and pack it up today mate. It will ship either this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning.
And you are right - everything will make sense very quickly. Especially with a forum like this to help out.
Remember you can email me anytime with questions as well as posting them here!
Enjoy and thanks for your support.
Cheers
Mark

Diverfrost

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »
Welcome to the Forum RedProw,
If you ever have any questions someone here will have the answer and point you in the right direction.

The HL Stug III are a tough little tank and run really well with no hassles except for when you run metal tracks, sprockets and ilders the metal gearboxes can strip a gear but the pure steel or the Brass 3:1 gear boxes will be an excellent replacement so run it until you need them.

I've pushed mine pretty hard and it's still going strong.

Enjoy your new tank because i'm sure it's gonna multiply  ;D ;D ;D

adamc

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
I have a HL Stug III with HL pure steel gearboxs, metal tracks, idlers, drive sprockets and road wheels, RC2HL board (so its 2.4ghz) and a MAKO board so I can battle Tamiya tanks.  The tank goes well and Stugs look coll and can be modified easily.