New Page 1

Author Topic: Our First Tank.....STUG III.....Has Arrived  (Read 2784 times)

Offline RedProw

Our First Tank.....STUG III.....Has Arrived
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »
This tank stuff is becoming very addictive.

A mate of ours (Tracks) has been showing me his grand creations over the past months and myself and my boys have been keeping a keen eye on the builds. After a lot of arm twisiting the plunge has been taken and our first tank has been ordered and I have the feeling that it most likely will not be the last.

Our first tank will be the Heng Long 1/16 STUG III, not sure who is more excited me or the boys.

Cheers
Brett

Reaper332

Re: Our First Tank.....STUG III
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
Great stuff Brett, Look forward to seeing it... ;)

Offline Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
Great stuff, Welcome aboard RedProw and your Kids, it's great to see a whole fam get involved the Stug is an excellent first tank  8) 8). I predict a second  tank within weeks  ;D ;D

Cheers Leo 2A6

GeoffP

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »
Welcome aboard RedProw ;D
Your life will never be the same ;)
One of Brett's young lads is already a veritable encyclopaedia on tanks ;D love it

Offline TANKBOY

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Jupiter
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Yep no turning back now one is never enough ::)
1/16 TAMIYA M26 PERSHING ,1/16 TAMIYA KING TIGER ,1/16 TAMIYA KV 2  ,1/16 TAMIYA PANZER 4 ,1/16 TAMIYA SHERMAN ,1/16 TAMIYA TIGER 1, 1/16 TAMIYA LEOPRAD AS1

GeoffP

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
I'm thinking one tank for each of the kids plus dad of course - that'll be four tanks please sir ;)

Offline RedProw

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »
It hasn't even been 24hrs ans there are already discussions about a 2nd tank  ;D

Diverfrost

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
Of course there has to be two......you can't play by yourself and it also eliminates having grumpy young ones fighting over who's turn it is next.

How many kids are there........12?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GeoffP

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »
A little birdie said someone got a special delivery today 8) 8)

Offline RedProw

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »
Some very excited boys today when we visited the post office, our Stug has arrived - will post the obilgatory pics when I ficgure out how.

It has already had a number of runs and the arguments over whose turn it is have already started  ::) looks like another purchase sooner rather than later......because I am not getting a turn at ALL  :(

I do have one issue already and hopefully someone can help. For some reason the gun will not move up/down, not sure what I should be looking for to try and resolve this problem.

I am sure there will be plenty of noob questions to come but appreciate all the positive comments us newcomers have received to date.

Cheers

Brett

Diverfrost

Re: Our First Tank.....STUG III.....Has Arrived
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »
have you tried turning it off and on again? he he he joking  ;D

First thing to check is to see if the electrical lead from the main gun to the RX18 board is connected properly inside i.e. un plug and plug back in again.
There are 5 screws holding the top on from the underside of the tank.

see how thats goes

Offline RedProw

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
Ok.......I removed the top of the tank and checked to see if anything is loose. All looks ok.

I have taken a couple of pics of the wiring. There are two white clips near the gun mechanism. I removed these and re-attached, but the gun up/down movement still doesn't work. I am not sure what the RX18 board looks like. There is a large box called the multi function unit that all the wires are going back to. This is well and truely stuck in place and may prove difficult to remove but I am assuming that this ins't the board you are referring to.

Any further suggestons greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

Diverfrost

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
Ok the multi function unit is the RX18 its helf to the side wall by double sided tape. If you pop it off and unplug and plug the leads back in this sometimes is the issue.
Also have a look at the wires to the motor on the main gun to see if they are soldered on ok.

If all is ok and still no up and down it will either be the multi function unit could be faulty or the controler is.

The controllers are very basic and cheap so when your other tank turns up you can swap the crystals over which are in the front of the controllers with a number on them which are either 1,2 or 3 are the standard that come in HL tanks.

Offline RedProw

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
Thanks Diverfrost, will give it a go and see what happens.