New Page 1

Author Topic: White Tiger  (Read 855 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
White Tiger
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:10 AM »
OK a bit of a build thread here a standard Heng Long Tiger 1 early model I know the difference now eh Gra LOL that I will be doing. it was bought second hand has the cupola remounted correctly and some brass etch grilles and internally wired ariels all for sixty bucks  8) I was going for a camo look tried blue tacking the pattern blue tack did not stick well thought OK I can free style this note Im using rattle cans as still haven't set up a spray booth for air brush sooo any way freestyle didn't work thus the white wash but Im happy with it ok so its nothing fancy but I thought id put it out there and I wanted to do a rattle can job any way. you may also note high tech make shift spray booth only the best at Wobbly's Panel & Paint
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
  • Town/City: Palmerston , N.T.
Re: White Tiger
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:40:41 AM »
Looks good so far mate , any new updates?
"Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty".

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
Not yet buddy just sprayed the tracks that were Red Primer a light coat of black, time mate time now its inside have to make space for detailing and weathering
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 08:37:27 PM »
Top work.

Offline Tiger Tank

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 06:01:29 AM »
A great start to the build.
Kindest Regards
                       Kevin

HL Sherman M4A3

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 04:34:09 PM »
Tapping fingers on desk , patiently waiting. :)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »
Yes have moved into the house awaiting tools and detail painting got a bit on at the mo sick wife getting plenty days off work but for all the wrong reasons. patience Grass Hopper we'll get there ol mate

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »
How about now old mate?
Also , hope the missus is ok.

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »
Um yeah she's stuck in the Rasputista waiting for my motivation to return and she is inside in my war room that is horribly congested with all sorts of cool stuff though the missus calls it something different, My wife by the way has finished her treatment and travelling well thanks mate so really its just a matter of me extracting a digit sooooo don't hold your breath but yeah should get back on it  ::) thanks for the gentle nudge mate sometimes need a bit of motivating  8)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
Re: White Tiger New Images 13/06/17
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 08:01:50 AM »
OK here we go Yob me old mate finally extracted said digit and did some work on the weekend at our June meet, tracks added what a job hey took four hands (thanks Chris) and a bit of swearing you all know I'm sure and she's up and running (actually quite sweet) which was questionable as bought second hand in pieces untested for sixty bucks from memory so I didn't do my dough  ;D, so nothing fancy all rattle can job still need to add some snow that I've had for years just to upper surfaces need to study some pics to see where how it would lay in real world and a bit of mud up the back and perhaps above the tracks and the inside of the hatches need a bit of interior colour that the previous owner didn't paint hey James LOL,  But yeah happy with it thanks for the nudge mate  8) I hope you all like it. W 8)

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Able to Hull Down
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
I wonder what you have for snow.  I noticed a few days ago a "snow" pigment for sale, but I cannot remember the manufacturer.  It was likely Mig Ammo, Vallejo, or AK Interactive.  Maybe someone can help.

Here is the Mig Jimenez Weathering magazine on snow for models:  http://www.migjimenez.com/en/english-version/253-issue-7-snow-ice-english.html

Then Vallejo makes a set called: "Vallejo Snow, Soot and Ashes Pigment."  This includes pigments 73.113 "Light Slate Gray," 73.115 "Natural Iron Oxide," 73.111 "Green Earth," and 73.101 "Titanium White."  Vallejo also makes 73.820 "Snow" in its "Environment" series of pigments for dioramas.

Here is some information on making snow and ice on figures and models: http://www.figurepainters.com/tips-tutorials/2016/10/9/making-snow-and-icicles-for-miniatures.html

This might be interesting, too: https://www.precisioniceandsnow.com/
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »
Cool , I like the log attachments.

Offline Tigertank 1

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »
looks good wobbly