New Page 1

Author Topic: 1/6 scale Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike  (Read 66 times)

Offline scalawag

1/6 scale Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:36:31 AM »
Hi Chaps,

I have just finished putting this one together.  Return of the Jedi Scout Trooper and his speeder bike.

Both the figure and speeder bike are from Sideshow, and proved to be relatively easy to put together and pose.  I was going to use a Hasbro 1/6 speeder bike for this, and even bought one to use.  But when I put the figure on the Hasbro bike it just did not look right somehow.  The Sideshow bikes are expensive but I managed to find one on eBay at a very reasonable price which is what you now see in these pictures.

Thanks

Paul
A member of: WMTC, SWAG, SEAG and SET in the UK
1/16: Pzr III, Tiger I (early), Tiger I (mid/late), M4A3 75mm, M4A3 105mm, ZTZ99a, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 1A5, M1A2 Abrams, M2A1 Bradley IFV, Challenger 2, JGSDF Type 10.
1/72: Challenger 1, M1A1 Abrams, T 72 M1, JGSDF Type 10.

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
Re: 1/6 scale Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
Ah cool and good ol eBay hey glad I'm not the only one LOL  8)
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline chappie

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Consider this,98% of all rumours are true!.
  • Town/City: Tom Price/Western Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 12:00:17 PM »
 Seriously Paul,your making it hard for the rest of us!. ;D
  Great get mate I'm a little envious!.
6th Scale CR2
6th scale FOA Tiger 1
6th Scale Spearhead Models Panzer 1V ausf J
6th Scale 21st century M5A1 Stuart
6th Scale Dragon/Tankboy Kubelwagen
Tamiya Kingtiger x 2
HL Pershing Tiger 1 Panther Stug111,Panzer 111 x 2
Mato Jagdtiger x 1
Chunwai M1A2 x1
HE M1A2 x 1 & Wasan T34/85.

Offline scalawag

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
A bit of an update on how this is displayed.  Today my new Scout Trooper helmet prop replica arrived today and so the Scoutrooper is displayed with this helmet and a 3D printed replica of the scout troopers later pistol.

Thanks

Paul
1/16: Pzr III, Tiger I (early), Tiger I (mid/late), M4A3 75mm, M4A3 105mm, ZTZ99a, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 1A5, M1A2 Abrams, M2A1 Bradley IFV, Challenger 2, JGSDF Type 10.

Offline wobbly

• Operation Greenline
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:13:04 AM »
As Chappie said your making hard for the rest of us LOL good job mate
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline onesixthworld

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
Great figure, a must for Star Wars collectors, i was bidding on one myself but as you said earlier the prices are up there and there always others with deeper pockets. I like the whole set up shows what a good stand can do for your figure.

Offline scalawag

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
Thanks Chaps,

Ian the prices for these are rising fairly quickly, and there are less of the speeder bikes around. 

The Base is a combination of the base that comes with the bike, the figure base parts, and a Hasbro black series rebel helmet.

The Hasbro speeder bike is a great alternative, although I think it is probably nearer to 1/5 scale.  It was never claimed to be 1/6 scale and was marketed as being for 12 inch figures rather than a particular scale.

There is a lot of debate about whether the Sideshow or Hasbro has more accurate dimensions with many claiming that the sideshow is too short and the Hasbro is correct. 
I am fortunate to have both of these models, and the excellent Star Wars Blueprints book by J.W. Rinzler, which includes the drawings used in the production of the original props.  From this source the length of the full size props is about 10.5 feet, which also tallies with pictures of the bikes before and during the film production.  In 1/6 scale the sideshow measures 10.25 feet and the Hasbro 11.5 feet.  The Hasbro is also wider and generally bigger all round, but it still looks great and many prefer it. 

I have a spare Hasbro in great condition but with no box which I could be persuaded to part with at a very reasonable price. ;D

Paul