New Page 1

Author Topic: 24th of June battle day  (Read 107 times)

Offline Reaps 332

• Town/City: Brisbane
24th of June battle day
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:53:22 AM »
Gates open at 8am for a 9am start time at Deception Bay North primary school , 47 Old Bay road Deception Bay....

Memberships due this meeting and we have after much thought put the fee up to $80 a year this will includes the $5 battle day fee which will no longer need to be paid once you renew your membership.
Anyone's friends that attend our battle days will need to pay a $10 battle day fee to be able to participate.
Also anyone needing a mako board please have all your details for Juan so he can organise the purchasing of them. Battle units will be required to participate and new members or existing members will get a 2 month grace to organise one after that it will be compulsory.

I am trying my very best to get this club back to where it used to be at the top and need all members to on board to help see it through. We have some dio being built as we speak and in the coming months should add a lot of variety to our battle days.

Thanks everyone
Cheers Ken

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
Re: 24th of June battle day
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:07:33 PM »
We came, we saw and we battled, just a few pics from my phone from this weekends battle day. I think Mark took a heap of pics too. It was great to go back to the battle mode, it's got me inspired to get some projects finished and added to the mix.

Be sure to check out the vid mid pics for some more tanks that were there

https://youtu.be/cevbk32k-Wo

Enjoy....Coz we did..... 8) 8) 8)

Cheers
Damo

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
Some more...It was great to see a couple of piggies come out to play too.... :D

Cheers
Damo

Online Panzerman

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Anything RC, flies,floats,sinks or rolls!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
Those Elephants look so cool!

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
They are Pete and for Hoobens they run really well too..... 8)

Online wobbly

• Operation Greenline
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
Cool nice pics good day out by the looks thanks for sharing good to see NBCRTC back here  8)
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Able to Hull Down
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 01:58:41 AM »
Damo, in the first photo of your 12:12:37 AM posting of today (25 June 2017) there is a (Tamiya?) Sherman about which I have a few questions. 
1) what is used for rope to lash down the stowage?
2) what is the "mud" on the tracks and running gear?  (The mud seems to match the dirt surface on which the tanks is running.  Now that would be a great way to weather ones tank!)
I have an old HengLong "bone stock" M4A3 (105) all streaked up by rain and some weathered stowage for it, but I want to lash the stowage down and dirty up the tracks, etc. just a bit.  The Sherman in the photo from your battle day is just the look I want.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Online Leo 2A6

• Global Moderator
  • Operation Supercharge
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »
Hi Ed,

I'm presuming you mean reply #2, 1st pic (Firefly) ????

It's a club members' Sherman who isn't on this forum, though I do know it's a HL and it was built by some one else OS.

The tie down is most likely a twine by the looks, lots, myself included use tea bag string or similar for a more scale look though.

The tracks and lower may be standard track weathering type material and natural dust from our grounds, most of our tanks end up looking very similar as it's can be quite dusty... :D I can enquire for you next meet. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers
Damo

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Able to Hull Down
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »
Thank you, Damo.  That's it! Tea bag string...I had forgotten about the trick of using tea bag string tinted to look like hemp.
Mig Jimenez Ammo, AK Interactive, and Vallejo all sell a rather broad selection of pastels for mud and soil, but this tint on the Firefly seems to be just the shade I want to represent a dry climate.  I now have to order tints, washes, and pastels, etc., "sight unseen," as I no longer have a Local Hobby Shop with weathering supplies.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor