New Page 1

Author Topic: Wobbly Ones  (Read 2880 times)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
  • Town/City: Canberra A C T
Wobbly Ones
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
First tank (Pankraz all power) Panzer 111 white washed by brush bodgy then weathered to extreme with rattle cans upgraded metal drive sprockets idlers and tracks after some clown :o drove it off the kitchen bench! came up pretty good after some minor surgery, M41A3 Walker Bulldog (Oli named after a mates father Oliver Walker still flying light aircraft and riding motorcycles at 84 ) amazing Chap painted under direction and weathered by mate text on side reads 38th and back refer to 38th parallel Korea good story on this one bought second hand swapped for my jagdpanther missed it so much bought it back LOL , thirdly my Jagdpanther ( Gerwulf spear wolf) brush cam job and weathered by mate again finished weathering by myself Ok more to come just need little time for photo shoots. OK Hobby Engine Abrams ( Abe original I know )  Oz style with Nato Green Black  painted commander to Oz cam and extra sand weathering upgraded to linked tracks etc bought second hand $70 whilst P3 was off the road this was the first RC tank I saw in a disposal store and thought RC tanks what a cool Idea and the rest they say is history $$$$. Stug 3 Rotger (famous Spear ) Michael Whitmann operated one of these before progressing to Tigers this is where he gained valuable skills used on the Tigers bought second hand from friend so no credit there except for luggage 1/18 scale bread bags canteens water bottles and two 44 gallon drums it been upgraded metal hull wheels tracks gear box's so cool but weighty little unit my most expensive buy but worth it one of my favourite tanks!. Tiger 1 early (Bernhard bold as bear) inherited / bought from mate who passed away I actually bought the tank for him through eBay he painted it the figure and weathering I just added the flag nice unit none smoke or sound but nice to drive so that's it for a bit stand by for winter Tiger 1  ;D
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
Re: Wobbly Ones
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
Nice collection Wobbly  8) 8) 8) looking tanks

Cheers
Gra  :)
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)
Member Panzergruppe South

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
  • Town/City: Palmerston , N.T.
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
Great work Wobbly. ;)
"Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty".

Offline Chris

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Top work there Wobbly great looking tanks😎😎😎
Cheers Chris

Offline scalawag

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 06:12:50 PM »
Very nice wobbly, a great collection of tanks.

Paul
A member of: WMTC, SWAG, SEAG and SET in the UK
1/16: Pzr III, Tiger I (early), Tiger I (mid/late), M4A3 75mm, M4A3 105mm, ZTZ99a, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 1A5, M1A2 Abrams, M2A1 Bradley IFV, Challenger 2, JGSDF Type 10.
1/72: Challenger 1, M1A1 Abrams, T 72 M1, JGSDF Type 10.

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:44 AM »
Thanx chaps more to come
Keep On Tanking, HE Oz Abrams, HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog, HL Jagdpanther, HL Panzer 111, HL Stug, 2 X HL Tigers one burnt out both projects.  1/6 approx 90 figures 1/6 Scale Dragon Schwimmwagen static, 1/6 kettenkrad :) heaps 1/18 Allied and Axis figures Member Panzergruppe South

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
New Wobblys
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 10:37:42 AM »
Morning troops added three more wobbly units to the my members gallery post if you care to view them OK tank on! 8)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
Wobbly reverts to childhood
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »
Righto troops since I had four days and needed space to put my newly acquired Kettenkrad I had to move things around on my shelves and thought whilst doing so I take some photos what we have here is a Product called Cobi manufactured in Poland basically Lego and they do some wicked WW2 stuff but that seems to be only overseas so this stuff I found local the Tank $13.00 I was looking for a magazine found this, tank wins it is now our club Mascot and the kids love it. The MASH unit 4077th come on who didn't play with Lego and watch MASH while growing up not many I would bet! $24.00 with a Bell helicopter and the JEEP which is actually a licenced product and looks the goods and again the kids love it, the howitzer well its a big ass gun, had to get it and the buggy hello Mad Max both about $9.00 each so cheap so all a bit of fun and very therapeutic some people colour in children's colouring books I build Lego for fun and stress relieve. Oh the small arms are from a mob in the States called battle Bricks they specialize in Lego compatible stuff and are good models of M4's and HK etc. Enjoy

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
Re: Wobbly reverts to childhood
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
Very cool looking gear Wobbly , should have settled the nerves over the long WE.  :D :D
And I like our mascot, will have to build a 1/16 one LOL  8) 8)

Cheers
HL Tiger 1 & El Mod, HL Tiger 1, HL Pantiger modded to Panther A, HL Panzer III, HL Panzer IV, HL King Tiger Porsche turret, Matorro King Tiger Henschel turret & El Mod, Matorro Jagdtiger, HL Stug E & G, HL Sherman & T-34, Matorro Sturmtiger, A7V (WIP)

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
You need an Elmod unit for those.  I'll help.

Ka-Boom!  Ack, ack, ack, ack!  Ba ah ah ah ah!  Ping, ping!

Actually, I am of the Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys generation.  I did see the original M*A*S*H film, but not the television series until two years ago. (However, then I watched the whole series three times over.)  Now here are a few television programs from my teenage years: “McHale’s Navy,” “Hogan’s Heroes,” “Combat,” “The Rat Patrol,” “Twelve O’Clock High.”
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 07:46:53 AM »
Ah yes I too recall McHale's Navy Hogan's Heroes just recently bought the box set, twelve O'clock high very cool both the movie and series have a couple on VHS and black and white remember that LOL and Combat starring Chris Morrow my bosses name alas he is nothing like the character he portrayed :( and Baa Baa Black sheep VMF 214 if I remember correctly don't think I have seen the Rat pack and really MASH that is hard to believe did you know that even though it was set in Korea the story was actually based about the Vietnam war but was a little close to home at the time thus the Korean campaign. A couple of my favourites are Tour of Duty and Band of Brothers and Generation War based on the German aspect of WW2 worth seeing if you can find it 8)

Offline Herr Dr. Professor

• Operation Greenline
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 03:12:03 AM »
Oh, yes, Wobbly: having seen the original M*A*S*H* movie, I was well aware of the television spin-off and both the movie's and the television program's intentional relevance to the Vietnam War.  In fact, when the television version was new, my father (a WWII South Pacific veteran) called me to urge me to see it.  So I did see one or two shows.  However, as remarkable as you might find it, I had and still have no television (although I do watch DVD movies).  The circumstances are odd, but because I live in a dense woods, downhill on a steep hillside, in a rural area, satellite signals are blocked and there is no cable, nor any likelihood of its ever being installed.  Regardless, when I did have access to television signals over the years, I always found books more interesting.

As my wife's Alzheimer's progressed, she could settle down by watching videos of movies, Columbo, or M*A*S*H, so in the evenings I went through many DVDs with her.  I was glad to see the M*A*S*H series three times, as I found something interesting each time.

Now I  will look for DVDs of "Tour of Duty," "Band of Brothers" and "Generation War."  I also want to see some of "Black Sheep Squadron," and I have a friend who can record the programs for me.

If you have not already seen these films, check out the old and still excellent "The Train," and then "Monuments Men," both about Nazis taking art out of France.
Ed
a.k.a. Herr Dr. Professor

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
Wow really no TV that's amazing but in retrospect could be a good thing I too love books and alas don't read as much as I used to I honestly don't watch as much TV either by the time I get home and have dinner its off to bed 1930 just from pain good to be able to lay down, any way onwards so yes two good movies another series is The Pacific that was after Band of Brothers both are HBO so should be readily available stateside  OK good luck hope you find them Tour of Duty has 15 DVD's so that will keep you going for a bit  8)

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
Wobbly Die Cast Collection new item
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
Ok something different but relevant I also collect Die Cast military vehicles cause I'm running out room with the bigger stuff LOL and can squeeze these in the gaps So we have a Lone Star some of the more experienced chaps may recall these an Armoured car and a Bren Gun Carrier circa early sixties A Corgi Tiger 1 Matchbox Super kings Hercules mobile crane 1974 my farther operated one very similar to this a UD / Tadano 40 tonner, a Ford LTS Tanker 1973, OK Dinky Stuff an 88mm Gun first item very cool and VGC and a Centurion and I have more on the way that Ill add as they arrive I like these even if they are not mint and being military the chipped paint sort of adds character like all collectables condition is the key and the boxed mint stuff commands high dollars more than this little black duck can afford any way so enjoy and share yours if you have any I for one would love to see them. OK latest acquisition arrived yesterday Leopard 2 recovery Vehicle by Dinky paid fifty plus fifteen postage but what a rare piece in good nick san ariels and stickers with working boom and blade. Fordson (Thames) ambulance V8 Petrol engine 4X4 in service from 1956 to 1965

Offline AFV Aficionado

• Operation PM
  • Town/City: Hamilton & Te Awamutu
Re: Wobbly Die cast Collection
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 11:25:36 AM »
Hi Wobbly
The Dinky Cent brings back memories - my uncles had one, it suffered battle damage to the floor plate when they put a Mighty Cannon firework under it in one of their battles-  the metal plate bent inwards.
Nice collection.

Mal
HL M41A3 X 6.5 - NZ M41A1 MERDC, AVRNZE, 3 X Barely touched, T50 ARV WIP - 6 wheel hull, Taigen M41A3
HL M26 - MERDC Dots & HL M26A1
2 X Bruder MB Actros Low Loader - 4 axle, Bruder MAN TGA
Ultimate Soldier 1/18th M113A2 X 2
Spyder Works 1/16th FV101 Scorpion
Ludwig Centurion III

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
Re: Wobbly Die cast Collection
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
Wow really that's some bunger yes oh what fun we used to have with fire works many an Airfix model met its fate tied to the hills hoist and a well placed penny bunger and then the Roman candle battles and burnt clothing oh what fun, I think we ruined it for this generation LOL 8)

Offline AFV Aficionado

• Operation PM
  • Town/City: Hamilton & Te Awamutu
Re: Wobbly Die Cast Collection
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
Yes, the fun police have pretty much killed that. Used to have battles using Airfix 1/32nd soldiers on each side, which we'd shoot with slug guns, then later with airsoft BB guns.

Retired my large 1/72nd collection of tanks (100 odd) with  simulated napalm strikes & Double Happy artillery stonks, when I decided to go to all 1/35th back in the early 80's.

Mal
HL M41A3 X 6.5 - NZ M41A1 MERDC, AVRNZE, 3 X Barely touched, T50 ARV WIP - 6 wheel hull, Taigen M41A3
HL M26 - MERDC Dots & HL M26A1
2 X Bruder MB Actros Low Loader - 4 axle, Bruder MAN TGA
Ultimate Soldier 1/18th M113A2 X 2
Spyder Works 1/16th FV101 Scorpion
Ludwig Centurion III

Offline Gra

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »
Very nice Wobbly, if only had kept all the ones we had when we were kids  :-\

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 07:04:18 PM »
I had the civilian version of the crane , yellow paint.
Is the extendable part of the crane plastic as are the outriggers?
It was only about 2 years ago the oldies got rid of it. :'(

This is the exact one , almost looks like mine when I last saw it.

Offline Yobbo

• Global Moderator
  • Operation PM
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
Sadly , very sadly now in retrospect , a lot of my matchbox cars and 1/35 Tamiya tanks also ended in a flaming death. :'(
Hindsight , if only. :o

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 09:12:05 AM »
hey Yobbo yes mate boom and out riggers extend plastic oh really what a shame and yes if only we didn't blow up the stuff we had as kids I pay up to about fifty bucks plus postage some times but usually fifty my weekly eBay allowance there out there and some like the 88 the crane in VGC amazing as they are now the are 40 plus years old. 8)

Offline chappie

• Operation Jupiter
  • Consider this,98% of all rumours are true!.
  • Town/City: Tom Price/Western Australia
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:10 AM »
 I'm in the same boat as you fella's,hind sight sucks all my matchbox and dinky toys have gone as has my two tonka trucks (the old proper metal ones) and I keep kicking myself for not keeping them.

lovely collection there wobbly.
6th Scale CR2
6th scale FOA Tiger 1
6th Scale Spearhead Models Panzer 1V ausf J
6th Scale 21st century M5A1 Stuart
6th Scale Dragon/Tankboy Kubelwagen
Tamiya Kingtiger x 2
HL Pershing Tiger 1 Panther Stug111,Panzer 111 x 2
Mato Jagdtiger x 1
Chunwai M1A2 x1
HE M1A2 x 1 & Wasan T34/85.

Offline wobbly

• Operation Braunschweig
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
Yes mate its like any thing in life bikes, cars, trucks etc at one point you cant give them away and twenty years later when everybody's going I had one of those there worth a bomb if we only had room to store EVERYTHING LOL

Offline Chris

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »
Nice collection Wobbly,I'm also Quilty blowing up the odd model tank/plane with crackers in my younger days.😏😏